lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Willnauer" <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: GData-Server: SoC almost finished, server almost done so far....
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 19:39:40 GMT
Good stuff yonik!!
On 8/7/06, Yonik Seeley <yonik@apache.org> wrote:
> It's looking good Simon, I was trying out some queries on your public server.
>
> > So is there a place for the gdata server on http://lucene.apache.org/java/?
> > Should that located in the sandbox of as a contribution?
>
> I'm not quite sure what you are asking here... do you mean a place for
> a web-site or documentation?
Well, I thought that the documentation will stay on the wiki maybe on
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/gdata-server
or
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/gdata

All other contributions are listed on the lucene.apache.org website
and i was curious if  the gdata server should be integrated there as
well.

I'm not sure how you handle versioning e.g. tags in the ASF / lucene
so should this first step be taged as I'll say 0.1 or something at
all?!

There are also some questions about how the server should be
distributed, well a war file is fine for deploying a web application
but you should be able to configure directories and other stuff for
your suites before deploying the whole thing. I will think about that
and make some suggestions.

best regards simon