lucene-dev mailing list archives

From MarkWilliams <oi.markwilli...@gmail.com>
Subject Empty doc objects & "The handle is invalid" IOExceptions
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 14:29:12 GMT

Hi,

I am having a strange problem with Lucene and am wondering if anyone can
help me.

I have Lucene indexing my site ok, but the problem is with queries.

Search is fine with some terms but when searching with certain other terms,
it seems mainly with terms containing spaces, although others have caused
problems, I get the IOException error "The handle is invalid". I have
debuged my app. and for some reason, the hits object is being filled with
mostly null doc objects and some doc objects with field values, however when
trying to loop through the hits object, I get the "The handle is invalid"
error.

Does anyone know why I'm getting so many empty doc objects and how I can go
about fixing the IOException error.

Thanks very much.

Mark