lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Andreas Neumann" <neun...@gmail.com>
Subject Why is FuzzyQuery a final class?
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 07:48:01 GMT
Hi everyone,

I am new to Lucene, so this may have been asked before. But I could not find
an answer to my question in the archives, so I hope it is OK to ask it here.

I am trying to extend the FuzzyQuery to further filter the TermEnum. (I am
indexing stem forms and original forms, but I only want to match original
forms with a fuzzy term, otherwise I get to much noise). However, FuzzyQuery
is a final class and I cannot extend it. Could that be changed?

Thanks, Andreas.