lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcos C├ęsar de Oliveira" <>
Subject Re: About Feeds in GDataServer
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 22:37:42 GMT
2006/8/15, Simon Willnauer <>:
> > Yes. May I have a feed with the class Feed and put any subclass of Feed
> in
> > it?
> You mean as an entry?

In fact, I want to put in the feed any object whose class is a subclass of
the entry-class configured in gdata-config.xml for the service.

> I see!! First, this is the calendar api which is a bit different and
> has adifferent licence. Second, thats a nice feature I will add it to
> the future tasks. If you wanna use such a feature  you can just create
> a new feed for each of the entries and put a link into the entry that
> would lead to a different url but it works as a workarround.
> I will definately add this feature in the future!

Is it possible to delegate to the storage as a workaround? I can use xpath
in the object model to solve this.

You can configure any subclass of BaseEntry in the gdata-config.xml!
> Is the wiki saying something different? If yes could you point out
> where so I can change it?!

OK. My scenario is:
- In the gdata-config.xml the configured entry-class is, say, for the service;
- The client sends a POST to the service with a xml representation of a
object where it's class is a subclass of;
- The service receives the xml and reconstrucs the object, as it have the
extension configured properly.

(an axis web service works that way)

> OK, but the implementation of Extension interface, in class Where for
> > instance, is very tedious, a tool for this will be very helpful, for
> sure.
> I agree but that is out of scope of the server project at the moment.

Perhaps I create this also.

Marcos Cesar