lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcos C├ęsar de Oliveira" <>
Subject Re: About Feeds in GDataServer
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 21:54:26 GMT
2006/8/15, Simon Willnauer <>:
> You can choose a class at the bottom of the class hierarchy and add
> entries of super classes. does that solve your problem?

Yes. May I have a feed with the class Feed and put any subclass of Feed in

> Doesn't possible create sub feeds? Like a comments feed nested in a events
> > feed?
> Could you describe that a bit more in depth?

> Why isn't permitted to have an entry of a subclass of the feeds class?
> Entry class and feed class don't conflict with each other. See, a
> certain type of entry has a java class which "describes" it. An in OOP
> you just can't down cast something without an upcast. So that's why
> entries you want to add can not be subclasses of the class you
> configured in your service.

Sorry. I mean: "Why isn't permitted to have an entry of a subclass of the
entry's class configured in gdata-config.xml?"

I is a tedious task, no doubt. You should look at the implementation
> of MessageFeed/Entry in the gdata client sources. have a look at
> BaseEntry#declareExtensions(ExtensionProfile) --> you don't have to
> extend the extension profile at all.

OK, but the implementation of Extension interface, in class Where for
instance, is very tedious, a tool for this will be very helpful, for sure.

Marcos Cesar