lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <>
Subject Re: Lock-less commits
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 22:15:22 GMT

> You also have to make sure you test this on non-Windows systems. Since a
> delete in Windows is prevented when the file is open, but non-Windows
> system do not have this limitation so there is a far greater chance you
> will have an inconsistent index.

Excellent point, will do.

I'm now testing a writer on Linux & 3 reader threads (opening searcher,
doing one search, closing it, over and over) on Windows sharing a
filesystem over NFS (from Linux) and over Samba (from Windows) with no

I'll test reversing these two, running both reader & writers on only
Linux & only Windows, many other interesting tests, etc.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message