lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andi Vajda <va...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: Java 1.5 (was ommented: (LUCENE-565) Supporting deleteDocuments in IndexWriter (Code and Performance Results Provided))
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:17:11 GMT

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, robert engels wrote:

> It's been years and GCJ still doesn't have anywhere near full 1.4 classpath
> libraries.
>
> So now if we want to write code for Lucene we have to know what libraries are
> available for GCJ?
>
> GCJ is a joke.

It looks like classpath is quite close to 100% 1.4 JRE support.

     http://www.kaffe.org/~stuart/japi/htmlout/h-jdk14-classpath.html

Of course, earlier gcj versions, such as 3.4.x, come with a libgcj based on
an earlier version of classpath with bigger holes (regex support, for
example).

Things are moving in the right direction, however...

Andi..