lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: MultiSegmentQueryFilter enhancement for interactive indexes?
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 19:47:09 GMT

I'm no segments/MultiReader expert, but your idea sounds good to me ... it
seems like it would certainly work in the "new segments" situation.

One thing i don't see you mention is dealing with deletions ... i'm not
sure if deleting documents cause the version number of an IndexReader to
change or not (if it does your job is easy) but even if it doesn't I'm
guessing you could say that if hasDeletions() returns true, you have to
assume you need to invalidate your cached bits (worst case scenerio you
are invalidating the cache as often as it is now)