lucene-dev mailing list archives

From DM Smith <dmsmith...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java 1.5 (was ommented: (LUCENE-565) Supporting deleteDocuments in IndexWriter (Code and Performance Results Provided))
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2006 16:50:32 GMT

On Jul 8, 2006, at 12:41 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:

> Since GCJ is effectively available on all platforms, we could say
> that we will start accepting 1.5 features when a GCJ release
> supports those features.  Does that seem reasonable?

I have been doing a bit of reading on GCJ compatibility. I think it
is going to come in 2 parts:
1) It supports all the new language features of Java 1.5.
2) It has an implementation of all the new classes and methods that
Lucene uses.

For me the test is that it is released for MacOSX.

With these three things, I'd be happy :)

DM Smith, stick in the mud :)