lucene-dev mailing list archives

From John Haxby <...@scalix.com>
Subject Re: [att: pmc] [off topic] ezmlm and reply-to
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:48:04 GMT
Steven Rowe wrote:
>> If you do want to add a reply-to list header, put ``reply-to'' into
>> DIR/headerremove, and ``Reply-To: list@host.dom'' into DIR/headeradd.
>
> My guess, given that the ``Reply-To: list@host.dom'' header is already
> inserted into the header, is that putting ``reply-to'' into
> DIR/headerremove will fix the problem for you.

I think that that is necessary because ...
> Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 19:10:47 +0200
> From: "Simon Willnauer" <simon.willnauer@googlemail.com>
> To: java-dev@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: Gdata - opening/closing index
.. that's not a legal header.   RFC2822 says that you can only have one
original then it really should be merging them (you can have more than
one address).   The fact that some mailers choose the first Reply-To:
and some choose the second (or last) is not the problem -- if you don't
have a legal header then any interpretation is reasonable.

jch