lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: [att: pmc] [off topic] ezmlm and reply-to
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 14:37:50 GMT
karl wettin wrote:
> It seems as the list does not change mail header reply-to when set by
> user, so in many cases I reply to users instead of the list.

The mailing list software (ezmlm) *does* add a Reply-To header (see a
header excerpt from Simon Willnauer's message to the list below).

The problem (for you) seems to be twofold: first, that the poster's
Reply-To header is not also removed by ezmlm; and second, that your mail
app chooses to use the *last* Reply-To header in the message.  My mail
app (Thunderbird 1.5) chooses the *first*, so this is not an issue for me.

> If you do want to add a reply-to list header, put ``reply-to'' into
> DIR/headerremove, and ``Reply-To: list@host.dom'' into DIR/headeradd.

My guess, given that the ``Reply-To: list@host.dom'' header is already
inserted into the header, is that putting ``reply-to'' into
DIR/headerremove will fix the problem for you.

Steve