lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java 1.5 (was ommented: (LUCENE-565) Supporting deleteDocuments in IndexWriter (Code and Performance Results Provided))
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 07:51:21 GMT
Andi Vajda wrote:
> I'd be interested in doing this but what is it that we're after in
> 'supporting gcj' actually ?

I think it would sufficient to:

1. Compile only .jar and .class with gcj (not .java).
2. Pass all unit tests on a single platform.

This would provide an existence proof that Lucene can run under GCJ, and
doesn't require solving GCJ's porting issues.

> Even when only compiling .jar -> .so with gcj, a number of patches
> still need to be applied:
>         http://svn.osafoundation.org/pylucene/trunk/patches.lucene

The patches to JavaCC-generated code should probably really become
JavaCC patches.  Have you looked into that?  Most of the rest look like
reasonable changes to Lucene, except perhaps the "native matches", which
looks a bit fishy for Lucene's trunk.

Doug