lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java 1.5 (was ommented: (LUCENE-565) Supporting deleteDocuments in IndexWriter (Code and Performance Results Provided))
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 04:17:38 GMT
Doug Cutting wrote:

> Since GCJ is effectively available on all platforms, we could say that
> we will start accepting 1.5 features when a GCJ release supports those
> features.  Does that seem reasonable?

Seems potentially a little strange to me. Does this mean Lucene would be
limited to the set of 1.5 features actually implemented by GCJ? So if
there is a 1.5 feature that is not supported by GCJ (while others are)
it cannot be used?

Seems more natural to support the complete 1.5 as defined by Sun/Java,
not the subset implemented by one open source compiler.

Dan.