lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java 1.5 (was ommented: (LUCENE-565) Supporting deleteDocuments in IndexWriter (Code and Performance Results Provided))
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 11:54:01 GMT
Andi Vajda wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Jul 2006, Doug Cutting wrote:
>> Since GCJ is effectively available on all platforms, we could say that
>> we will start accepting 1.5 features when a GCJ release supports those
>> features. Does that seem reasonable?
>
> +1

If we use this criteria, then we should probably officially support GCJ.
Ideally we should run nightly unit tests with GCJ.  Andi, would you be
interested in helping to set this up?

Our unit test scripts are at:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/nightly/

These are run on lucene.zones.apache.org, a Solaris box.  If you (or
someone else) is willing, then I can make you an account on this machine
and you can alter the nightly build process to include testing against
the most recent GCJ release.

Doug