lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java 1.5 (was ommented: (LUCENE-565) Supporting deleteDocuments in IndexWriter (Code and Performance Results Provided))
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2006 15:28:07 GMT
DM Smith wrote:

>     However, I think you have identified that the core people need to
> make a decision and the rest of us need to go with it. So, I suggest
> that Doug convene such a meeting of the minds and communicate the
> decision to the rest of us.

I'm new to Lucene but not Apache, this is not how Apache projects are
meant to work. All decisions must be on the mailing lists and decisions
are made by the community via "consensus gathering", not a sub-set of
folks off the list. Or am I reading too much into this comment?

http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html

Dan.