lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Otis Gospodnetic (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (LUCENE-632) The creation of a spell index from a LuceneDictionary via SpellChecker.indexDictionary (Dictionary dict) fails starting with 1.9.1 (up to current svn version)
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 20:43:14 GMT
    [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-632?page=comments#action_12423714 ] 
            
Otis Gospodnetic commented on LUCENE-632:
-----------------------------------------

I put the new IndexSearcher call to the setSpellIndex(Dictionary) method, which is called
from the SpellChecker constructor.  I did that the other day, so maybe I broke something,
although everything worked for me and I didn't get any NPEs.

I use code that looks like this:

    public void createDictionary(String field, Directory sourceIndex, Directory spellIndex)
throws IOException {
        IndexReader reader = null;
        try {
            reader = IndexReader.open(sourceIndex);
            Dictionary dictionary = new LuceneDictionary(reader, field);
            SpellChecker spellChecker = new SpellChecker(spellIndex);
            spellChecker.indexDictionary(dictionary);
        } finally {
            if (reader != null) {
                reader.close();
            }
        }
    }

    public static void main(String[] args) throws IOException {
        if (args.length < 3) {
            System.err.println("Usage: java " + SpellerIndexer.class
                    + " <source field> <source index> <spell index>");
            System.exit(1);
        }

        System.out.print("\nCreating spell checker index in " + args[2] + " ... ");
        SpellerIndexer indexer = new SpellerIndexer();
        Directory sourceIndex = FSDirectory.getDirectory(args[1], false);
        Directory spellIndex = FSDirectory.getDirectory(args[2], IndexReader.indexExists(args[2]));
        indexer.createDictionary(args[0], sourceIndex, spellIndex);
        System.out.println("done\n");
    }

Karsten:
If you still think there is a bug in the SVN version, please comment here.
I can apply the lazy searcher patch from Karl (see Karl, you don't always get ignored! :)),
but I'm not sure that it will make a difference.  If you apply it and it makes a difference
for you, please follow up here.


> The creation of a spell index from a LuceneDictionary via SpellChecker.indexDictionary
(Dictionary dict) fails starting with 1.9.1 (up to current svn version)
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: LUCENE-632
>                 URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-632
>             Project: Lucene - Java
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Other
>    Affects Versions: 2.0.0, 1.9
>            Reporter: Karsten Dello
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: lazy_searcher.diff
>
>
> Two different errors in 1.9.1/2.0.0 and current svn version.
> 1.9.1/2.0.0:
> at the end of indexDictionary (Dictionary dict) 
> the IndexReader-instance reader is closed.
> This causes a NullpointerException because reader has not been initialized before (neither
in that method nor in the constructor).
> Uncommenting this line (reader.close()) seems to resolve that issue.
> current svn:
> the constructor tries to create an IndexSearcher-instance for the specified path;
> as there is no index in that path - it is not created yet -  an exception is thrown.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: java-dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message