lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Has anyone downloaded / build / deployed the GData-Server
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 16:41:41 GMT
Hi Simon,

I'll shamefully admit I haven't tried it.  Some documentation on the Wiki would be great.

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Simon Willnauer <simon.willnauer@googlemail.com>
To: java-dev@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 6:53:43 AM
Subject: Has anyone downloaded / build / deployed the GData-Server

Hello java-devs,

as I'm the only person knowing what's going on in the gdata-server I
need and will provide a wiki page for it. So I'm asking you to give me
a hand with that in a rather passive way. I thought about writing a
basic installing instruction and a simple how to on the lucene wiki
page. After that I need your help. I will extend the wiki based on
your questions to provide answers on questions which are pretty clear
to me but not to users or developers using the server. I hope you guys
will help me with that.
I also thought about what happens to this contrib project after
SummerOfCode. I already told yonik, doug and Ian that I will
definitely stay on the project so I guess we need a plan to make a
plan to get that software usable. This won't be a ready to use
software after SoC so there will be some stuff to do. Will there be
any other developers interested in it?!

thanks for your answers...

regards Simon