lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Willnauer" <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: javadoc compilation problem?
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:41:28 GMT
On 6/14/06, Nadav Har'El <NYH@il.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I try to do "ant javadocs" to get an HTML version of the javadocs (I
> want to check the javadocs in a patch I proposed), I get 80 errors from
> contrib/gdata-server, and it appears like none of the HTML documents get
> updates. I guess I have one request and one question:
> 1. Can someone please take a look at what's wrong with the gdata-server's
> javadocs? Amazingly, it appears like gdata-server is written using Java 5,
> not Java 1.4 - can this be what's causing the problems?

Hi,

Yes gdata-server is wirtten using Java 5!
I tried building the java doc without any errors using java  5 but
using 1.4the api doc can not be build.
So a quick fix for you is remove the line

   <packageset dir="contrib/gdata-server/src/java"/>

from the  java/trunk/build.xml
I will fix the problem as fast as possible.

Thanks Simon

2. Why does a failure in building part of the javadocs prevent all of them