lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GData Server - Lucene storage
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 17:51:26 GMT
On 6/2/06, jason rutherglen <jasonhusong@yahoo.com> wrote:
> It might be interesting to merge using BDB into Solr, as an option to provide better
realtime updates.  Perhaps the replication could be used as well in place of rsync?  I don't
have any experience with BDB replication, anyone have thoughts on the matter?

It only matters if you need immediate retrieval by id, but not
immediate searchability.

In most of these scenarios, Lucene/Solr is not used as the primary
data store.  Updates go directly to the database, and a separate
process periodically pulls changes from the database and indexes the
content.

An interesting idea for integration on the search-side might be to
allow a hook to retrieve certain stored fields from other data sources
(like a DB) so that info need not be duplicated in the Lucene index if
it's big.  That does tie you tighter to the DB though (not a good
thing in general).

-Yonik