lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <>
Subject Re: GData Server - Lucene storage
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 17:00:23 GMT

On Jun 2, 2006, at 12:56 PM, Simon Willnauer wrote:
> I had a look at the licence of the
> sleepycat BerkleyDB for Java dist. and in my opinion it is alright
> to use
> and distribute it with the gdata server.
> Are there any experts on licencing? Is it ok for the ASF to use that?

It's ok to use it, just like the DBDirectory does (in contrib/db).
But we cannot, as far as I know, distribute BDB itself.  It will
require those that download the GData server to separately download
BDB.  Distributions from Apache should be entirely under the ASL, I
believe.  Though IANAL.

It'd be fine for someone to aggregate projects and distribute them
from elsewhere though.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message