lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: Results (Re: Survey: Lucene and Java 1.4 vs. 1.5)
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:37:02 GMT
Ray Tsang wrote:
> We have statistics of number of users between 1.4 vs. 1.5 (which btw
> didn't present a significant polarization)

Does 63% for 1.5, a nearly 2:1 ratio, really represent an insignificant
polarization?  (As of this writing, 88/140 reported using 1.5).

> but how about actual numbers potential of contributions between the 2?

Good point -- the survey was announced on the java-user list.

Is it not safe to assume that all contributors are subscribed to the
java-dev list?  The contribution guide
<http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/HowToContribute> says to
subscribe to java-dev as the first step after getting the source.

Steve