lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Williams <ch...@manawiz.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: How to combine results from several indices
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 20:55:37 GMT
Wu,

I've contributed a version of ParallelWriter that takes a middle
ground.  ParallelWriter.addDocument() is synchronized, but the
underlying sub-index writes are done in parallel.  It would be possible
to allow ParallelWriter.addDocument() itself to be multi-threaded, but
the synchronization and recovery get more complex.  The basic idea would
be to have a thread with a work queue for each sub-index.  I may look at
this later, or if you enhance this, please submit your version.

Hope this helps,

Chuck