lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: Scoring
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 12:27:42 GMT
I have started something in my sandbox that goes in the xdocs directory
that is going to cover the scoring and how it works (something parallel
in spirit to the file formats documentation).  Adding in sequence
diagrams and whatever you have would be a perfect fit.  I would be happy
to coordinate with you, as you may end up getting to it before me.

I would also like to see, possibly, some package level documentation and
more javadocs.

-Grant

karl wettin wrote:
> I mailed Paul last week about me documenting the scorer mechanism. Due
> to lots of stuff that happened I did not have time to get in to it, but
> I still "need" to do this.
>
> My question is, what agendas do people have with the scorer? Remove
> floats and adding new boost strategies I've seen. These I'll try to keep
> in mind and outline in the documentation. Anything else I should keep in
> mind?
>
> Hopefully I'll be able to find three concurrent days next week. In the
> end I hope to have a couple of sequence diagrams. Is there any other
> kind of documentation people would like to have?
>
> It will probably be more of notes than real documentation.
>
> Is there anything but the javadocs available on the subject?

Grant Ingersoll
Sr. Software Engineer
Center for Natural Language Processing
Syracuse University