lucene-dev mailing list archives

Subject Recency weightage in Lucene
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2006 08:52:49 GMT
I am thinking of modifying lucene's current ranking algorithm to include the document's recency-weightage.
So that the latest modified documents gets preference over earlier modified documents, which
makes sense for news search.

(I believe) To do this I have to tinker with TermScorer.score() method, and calculate document-score
 in its while (doc < end) {..} loop. The requirement is that document's lastModifiedTime
is stored in the doc's field, and extracting this value could be quite expensive for every
iteration in its posting stream. One approach could be to store it in a separate file (like
Normalization) to avoid field-lookup.

Any other ideas/suggestions.. Or if anyone has already implemented this ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message