lucene-dev mailing list archives

From karl wettin <ka...@snigel.net>
Subject Edit-distance strategy
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 11:11:46 GMT
I'm about to replace the edit-distance algorithm in FuzzyQuery from
Levenstein to Hirschberg to save a couple of clockticks.

Any thoughts on how to give FuzzyQuery a strategy without changing the
API? I can't figure it out and might just replace the algorithm in
FuzzyTermEnum to run on Hirschberg instead. The outcome is pretty much
the same, so perhaps it is overkill to have the old Levenstein sitting
around.

But still, it would be nice if it was a setting. But then how do I
change the setting from QueryParser and all the other classes that
depend on FuzzyQuery as it is now?

Perhaps a public static thing? Or is that too ugly?