lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Willnauer" <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Gdata Server - Feed / Entry representation
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 17:31:51 GMT
See, I have to build an internal representation for an entry or a feed
inside the server. I have to build these from the incoming entries and
from the storage to send them back to the client. I also have to
provide transformation from Atom to RSS. Additionaly Atom allows
extensions like the google calendar namespace elements. The GData
client library has a nice API for map these feeds / entries to Objects
to work with and it does the transformation already. The API is also
extensible for other ATOM extensions to customize the server for other
feed "types". So I would use the api to build the representation and
transfomation.
The project could also gain some benefit from gdata - api extensions
in the future.

simon