lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Willnauer" <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene and Java 1.5
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 15:30:50 GMT
I guess this discussion isn't over...
I would like to know if anybody would feel uncomfortable with a 1.5
dependend contrib project like the GData Server?

I'm not sure whether it is worth to think about a 2.0 / 2.1 (tiger)
branch. That would be a lot more work but far less fight ;)

simon

On 5/29/06, Bill Janssen <janssen@parc.com> wrote:
> Boy, I'd sure like to see at least one bug-fix release for 2.0
> maintain java 1.4 compatibility.  Would that be 2.1?
>
> Bill
>
> > This sounds reasonable to me.  I feel bad about Andi and PyLucene, but it sounds
like GCJ(X) will soon be up-to-date (the link Andi sent was from early February).  Discussion
done or?