lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Willnauer" <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: New lucene contrib project - GData Server
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 14:43:25 GMT
This is great guys, I will definately have a look at it. :) Thanks!!

I'm thinking of configuring the indexer via xml as well. As the atom
format allows foreign namespaces the indexing component has to be very
flexible. I might configure all the elements in the atom namespace
globally and will offer the opportunity to configure foreign
namespaces on feed level.
Possible scenario:
Having this nested element somewhere in an ATOM entry
<gd:when>
<gd:from>someValue</gd:from>
<gd:until>someValue</gd:from>
</gd:when>

Not every feed has entries with the gd foreign namespace so the
indexer for this feed could be configured like this:

<field name="from">
   <xpath>//atom:entry/gd:when/gd:from</xpath>
   <analyzer>SomeAnalyzer</analyzer>
   <fieldtype>Keyword</fieldtype>
</field>

GData is completely XML based and an Object representation would not
give me any overvalue compared to keep the XML inside an XML-Api like
dom4j. Such a custom field could be accessed very easy using xpath and
this approach keeps the server generic. Every foreign namespace
element could be searchable.

Let me know what you think about this.

simon

On 5/29/06, Yonik Seeley <yseeley@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/29/06, Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >  Regarding the part where you describe how indexing/fields could be configured via
XML descriptors, you may want to have a look at lucene/java/trunk/contrib/xml-query-parser
.