lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Keegan" <peterlkee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FieldsReader synchronized access vs. ThreadLocal ?
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 14:58:36 GMT
The use model is to be able to handle bursts of heavy query load with
acceptable latency. The test program's threads send requests continuously
with a 50 msec delay in between. A separate thread reads all the results.
This is actually much harsher than the expected load and the latency is
high, but it helps in measuring the limits of the system.

Peter