lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FieldsReader synchronized access vs. ThreadLocal ?
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 14:19:16 GMT
On 5/19/06, Peter Keegan <peterlkeegan@gmail.com> wrote:
> The client test program blasts queries from >50 threads over a socket
> and runs on a separate server from Lucene. I can get much higher rates by
> just blasting from a single thread in the client, but this doesn't simulate
> the real use model.

Wow... what is the real use model?  Do you mean 50 threads each making
requests as fast as they can (sending a new request as soon as they
get a response from the previous)?

Normally, if you have 50 outstanding requests at a time, your server
is clearly overloaded and you need more servers...

Do you get acceptable latency with 50 clients at a time?

-Yonik