lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: SweetSpotSimiliarity
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 21:42:28 GMT

: into Scorers, I feel like I have to go spelunk all of them to make
: sure that no Query ever propagates its Similarity instance to a child
: in such a way.  Making the broad statement that all instances of

i don't think there is any situation where a Query passes it's similarity
down into any subqueries it may have -- there isn't even a mechanism for
it other then to wrap each subquery in some sort of delegating proxy class
at rewrite time.

it would be possibe to write a query class A which would rewrite to an
anonymous subclass of B with getSimilarity overrien to use A's similarity,
but that would be a lot of work, and i don't think any Query goes to that
trouble.

-Hoss