lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject RE: non indexed field searching?
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 18:43:06 GMT

: I don't see anything related to searching using non-indexed fields. Could
: you maybe point me at the class(es) that implement this functionality?

I think Erik was refering more specificly to the statement...

: > it is just
: > very difficult to perform some complex queries efficiently without it.

What Solr does provide is low level caching of DocSets that result from
Filters or Queries you tend to reuse.  If you really want to build up
complex queries that contain a lot of mandatory clauses that you've reused
before in other complex queries, Solr can cache the DocSets that resulted
form those sub-queries individual.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message