lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: OpenBitSet
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 18:13:53 GMT

: I measured also on different densities, and it looks about the same.
: When I find a few spare minutes will make one PerfTest that generates
: gnuplot diagrams. Wold be interesting to see how all key methods behave
: as a function of density/size.

I was thinking the same thing ... i just haven't had time to play with it.

It migh also be usefull to check how the distribution of the set bits
affects things -- i suspect that for some "Filters" there some amount of
clustering as many people index their documents in a particular order, and
then filter on ranges of that order (ie: index documents as they are
created, and then filtering on create date) ... using
Random.nextGaussian() to pick which bets to set might be interesting.

-Hoss