lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: problems calculating norms
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 18:15:52 GMT

I'm really confused by your example ... I'm assuming eField is a
Map.Entry, and eField.getKey() is returning a FieldInfo (allthough i'm not
sure why there's no explicit cast in your code) ... but what is the return
type of "eField.getValue()" ?

Without understanding what that object is, i can only speculate at what
.size() is returning ... but i can speculate two possible reasns why
you wouldh ave a very small discrepency...

1) perhaps you have an off by one error, and eField.getValue().size() is
returning one less then the actual number of terms?

2) if the problem doesn't happen with all docs, perhaps you are forgetting
to take into account the maxFieldLength DocumentWriter uses?