lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Changing Lucene scoring?
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 05:53:43 GMT

: One of the reasons I am looking at this is because I often need just
: yes/no (matches/doesn't match) answers, and don't care for the score.

I didn't realize that was an option -- i thought you wanted integer
scoring, and the best advice i had for that was to search and replace.

But if you just care about match/no-match why not just use Filters?   Most
of the basics already exist (except ironically a TermFilter) so all you
might need is a "FilterParser".

: The other reason is that I've been told Sun's Niagara machines have a
: weak FPU, so we are trying to squeeze more juice out of them by reducing
: the amount of floating point math in scoring.

As allways: run some simple benchmarks before you assume it won't be fast
enough.

-Hoss