lucene-dev mailing list archives

From karl wettin <ka...@snigel.net>
Subject Re: this == that
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 07:06:23 GMT

30 apr 2006 kl. 04.48 skrev Tatu Saloranta:

>> JIT takes care of it when the first line of code in
>> the equals method
>> is if (this == that) return true;
>
> In case where (this == that) is true, this may well be
> correct, but:
>

>> Please correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> ... you are then assuming 100% match rate: if so this
> might be true. But in (this != that) case difference
> will be more significant

Oh, I didn't think that far. Silly me. : )

Perhaps there should be a Wiki-page that discuss the code style.
Things like this. And the use of bytes as floats. And stuff.

By the way, I have about eight working days to spend on Lucene
starting tomorrow. I will work on the instanciated index, the rich
positioning and the contextual spell suggester, in that order. So I
hope at least something of above will be tested and working really
soon. Time will tell.