lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Andy Hind" <andy.h...@alfresco.org>
Subject RE: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException when querying Lucene
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 10:06:12 GMT
Hi

I think you may be hitting the same issue as me - see LUCENE-415.

Are you killing the JCR application or it has crashed?

If you are ...
It is probably mid merge, it has created a new segment file and part
written it...and died. The next merge it tries it uses the same
partially used segment file ...which is bad.

I think you will have to rebuild your index.

Regards

Andy

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 17 May 2006 08:13
To: java-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException when querying Lucene

Hi Daniel!

Thanks for the answer. I know what the query is and I definitely can
provide it. Unfortunately, it is created using the JCR API and I am
not sure how relevant it is.
Here is an example:

//element(*, cmed:nodetype)[@cmed:prop1 = 'some']/*[@cmed:prop2 =
'else']

and I really don't have an idea how this is translated :-(.

 As for writting a small test, I am not sure how to do it, as the
scenario I've presented has too many things involved, and I really
don't know exactly what is happening behind the scenes.

I was hoping to find out a pointer to what may be wrong on those
classes (why those parameters would have such wrong values), so that I
can figure out what is happening inside. I know this sounds quite
complex, but I am quite sure that somebody with more knowledge about
the code would be able to say something: "hey this may happen because
while you are executing the query there is an index merge process...
and according to this Lucene statement you shouldn't do this....".

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.