lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Dave Kor" <dave...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Benchmarking on GOV2
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 09:33:23 GMT
Hi,

On 5/29/06, Sebastiano Vigna <vigna@dsi.unimi.it> wrote:
> Dear Lucene developers,
> I'd be interested in doing some benchmarking on (at least) Lucene,
> Egothor and MG4J. There is no actual data around on publicly available
> collections, and it would be nice to have some more objective data on
> efficiency for a significantly large collection.

I was wondering if you have seen the TREC 2004 paper by Giuseppe
Attardi, Andrea Esuli and Chirag Pate from the University of Pisa,
Italy, titled "Using Clustering and Blade Clusters in the TeraByte
task"? http://trec.nist.gov/pubs/trec13/papers/upisa-tera.pdf

In the paper, three search engines (including Lucene) was benchmarked
on the GOV2 corpus.

--
Dave Kor
Center for Information Mining and Extraction