lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "jian chen" <chenjian1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: storing term text internally as byte array and bytecount as prefix, etc.
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 02:24:36 GMT
Hi, Marvin,

Thanks for your quick response. I am in the camp of fearless refactoring,
even at the expense of breaking compatibility with previous releases. ;-)

Compatibility aside, I am trying to identify if changing the implementation
of Term is the right way to go for this problem.

If it is, I think it would be worthwhile rather than putting band-aid on the
existing API.

Cheers,

Jian