lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Krishnan, Ananda" <anandha.krish...@logicacmg.com>
Subject RE: Lucene Index comparison..
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 03:46:03 GMT
Hi

i will explain about my problem a bit more in detail.
Every night at a particular time indexing will be happen. I have to find out any new urls
or any files have been added in the  new index so that i have to send an alert to the customer.

I know about sending alert to the customer but i am not sure about the comparison of the indexes.

Have you ever tried this.. If so please let me know about the approach so that it would be
much helpful for me.

Thanks and regards
Anandha krishnan.

-----Original Message-----
From: karl wettin [mailto:kalle@snigel.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 5:48 PM
To: java-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Lucene Index comparison..

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 10:32 +0530, Krishnan, Ananda wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can anyone please help me to know about how to compare two different lucene indexes.

I think there has been four instances of this question lately, including
my own.

Mine is only compatible with the 1.9_20060505-karl1 branch, and really
more of a test case. I will add it to my next update of
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-550>. I can send you the
broken snapshot off list if you want.

It is supplied with two index readers and
 * iterates and compare all terms, documents and positions.
 * places a couple of searches and compare the results.
 * does not compare the term frequency vectors.

and inform the sender. Thank you.