lucene-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: Vector
Date Sun, 07 May 2006 14:29:35 GMT

A few months ago, I did some benchmarking on file reading operations, not
for the collection classes, I'm affraid. I wrote a couple of lines to see
which method of reading files would perform better than the others(XP 1Gb
mem, P4 3.19Hhz, java 1.4.2). I experimented on TREC collection. The
attached file contains the avg. readings in m-secs. The same thing can be
done for Collections.

I thought this might be useful for the next releases of Lucene.