lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: Lucene and Java 1.5
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 12:00:56 GMT
We are actually using 1.5 too.  My concern is that when someone makes
changes to the core, they have to make sure they didn't break the code,
this includes all of the contrib modules, which _could_ mean that I need
more than just 1.4 and 1.5 to build and test the core and contrib
areas.  I just think it could get out of hand.  The system requirements
document could get too complicated.

I am all for moving to 1.5; I am not in favor of letting the contrib
package range freely over whatever JVM version is available.