lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: Lucene Gdata -- the best way to store the feeds / entries
Date Sun, 28 May 2006 19:02:07 GMT
If the lazy field loading gets applied (which it should soon), you would
see less of a performance hit for storing items in Lucene, at least when
just getting hits.  And you could compress the feeds too

Also, maybe Subversion could act as your repository?  I don't know if it
is a viable solution given licensing and all that, but it supports
versioning, etc. and is pretty easy to work with, but it may be overkill
and may complicate your architecture too much.  Perhaps the best way is
to define an Interface to this component and one or two implementations
of it (maybe flat file and BDB) and then other people can write their own.

-Grant

Grant Ingersoll
Sr. Software Engineer
Center for Natural Language Processing