lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Williams <ch...@manawiz.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: How to combine results from several indices
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 03:40:20 GMT
I think it would be hard as there are many places in Lucene where it is
assumed that doc-ids uniquely identify a document.  This is the main
reason that ParallelReader has these constraints.

Are you sure the transactionalizing updates to sub-indexes will cause
you performance problems?  My application is also time-sensitive and
this doesn't seem to be a big problem, at least at the moment.  You
might try it first and see whether or not the performance is acceptable.

Chuck