lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ralf Bierig <Ralf.Bie...@cis.strath.ac.uk>
Subject Control over Lucene Index
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 09:42:28 GMT

Hi,

in the context of a distributed information retrieval project, we would
like to use Lucene for its indexing capabilities but not for retrieval.
In particular, we would like to populate a Lucene index with the tokens
and statistics already computed by an external indexer, thereby
bypassing the document-based parsing, analysis, and ingestion into the
index which characterises Lucene's standard workflow. Is this possible?
That is, is it possible to feed precomputed statistics into a Lucene's
index? And is it possible to have control on what statistics are
associated with each document (as we will not use Lucene for retrieval
we are not interested in complying with the statistics it needs to
perform a search).

Any help greatly appreciated, many thanks.

Cheers,