lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Vikas Khengare" <Vikas_Kheng...@symantec.com>
Subject RE: Can I do "Google Suggest" Like Search? - - - from - - -vikas
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 08:14:56 GMT

Hi Zhenjian YU

      I have implemented that with AJAX Search But when I type "a" in
textbox. It gives me all results which contains letter "a".

So I am getting "America", "Asia", "Flag" & "Zhenjian" also.

But in actual I want only "America" & "Asia".

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Zhenjian YU [mailto:zhenjian@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 1:33 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Cc: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org; java-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Can I do "Google Suggest" Like Search? - - - from - -
-vikas

hi, *vikas,

*the ajax way should work for you.

while in the lucene part, you should do something to handle the prefix

query.

Best Regards,

Zhenjian

On 5/24/06, Vikas Khengare <Vikas_Khengare@symantec.com> wrote:

>  Hi Friend

>             I want to perform search like "Google search" which will
give

> suggestions to user.

> So when I type *"L"* it will give me search options names which will
start

> from "L". Then when I will type *"Lu"* then it should give me options
for

> names which are starting from "Lu". & so on ......

> 1) Does Lucene provide any API for doing so?

> 2) Can I use Sort / Filter classes for it?

> 3) Or do I need to handle it in java (may be any other language)?

with best regards

vikas r. khengare

Veritas Software India Private Ltd.

Symantec Corporation

Pune, India

                        [ Enjoy your life today.... because yesterday
had gone.... and tommorow may never come . ]