lucene-dev mailing list archives

From N <noooo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How To find which field has the search term in Hit?
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 13:03:48 GMT
Thanks for the reply but I couldnt get your point..Could you elaborate it further?
Fopr instance we have

FirstName (= Martin ), LastName (= Spaniol), Company (= Mark Co.) and we search for the "Mar*"
which will be found in FirstName and Company ..so how can I retrieve this info that it is
found in only FirstName and Company fields.

Best
Noon.

jian chen <chenjian1227@gmail.com> wrote: You can store the field values and then, load
the field values to do a
real-time comparision. Simple solution...

Jian

On 5/24/06, N  wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am searching on multiple fields. Is it possible to retrieve the field
> (s) which contains the search terms from the documents returned as Hits.
>
> Best
> Noon

> Sneak preview the  all-new Yahoo.com. It's not radically different. Just
> radically better.

Blab-away for as little as 1ยข/min. Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.