lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: New lucene contrib project - GData Server
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 04:43:47 GMT
Welcome, Simon.  I'm sure a number of people are eagerly waiting for your GData server implementation.
 I read your project overview.  Sounds good.  Regarding the part where you describe how indexing/fields
could be configured via XML descriptors, you may want to have a look at lucene/java/trunk/contrib/xml-query-parser
.  It's the other side of the process - representing queries in XML.  Perhaps you can get
some good ideas there, and perhaps you can adopt conventions/style/structure used there.

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Simon Willnauer <simon.willnauer@googlemail.com>
To: java-dev@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 9:09:19 AM
Subject: New lucene contrib project - GData Server

Hello everyone,

some of you guys might have heard about the Google SummerOfCode
program. (code.google.com/soc/)  I'm a student has been accepted to
the the program to build a GData server side implementation developed
as a contrib lucene project.
Like other ASF projects the discussion and the development will
primarily stay on the mailing list and patches will be submitted via
the issue tracker.
All of you a invited to join the discussions about this topic! If you
wanna read something about gdata read the description of the Google
Data API (http://code.google.com/apis/gdata/index.html).
Project Overview: http://wiki.apache.org/general/SimonWillnauer/SummerOfCode2006

simon