lucene-dev mailing list archives

From karl wettin <ka...@snigel.net>
Subject Re: Lucene Index comparison..
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 12:17:58 GMT
On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 10:32 +0530, Krishnan, Ananda wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can anyone please help me to know about how to compare two different lucene indexes.

I think there has been four instances of this question lately, including
my own.

Mine is only compatible with the 1.9_20060505-karl1 branch, and really
more of a test case. I will add it to my next update of
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-550>. I can send you the
broken snapshot off list if you want.

It is supplied with two index readers and
 * iterates and compare all terms, documents and positions.
 * places a couple of searches and compare the results.
 * does not compare the term frequency vectors.