lucene-dev mailing list archives

From karl wettin <ka...@snigel.net>
Subject Re: Vector
Date Sat, 06 May 2006 17:26:08 GMT
On Sat, 2006-05-06 at 08:55 -0700, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> I doubt we'd be able to get much juice out of move
> unsynchronized Java Collections

I might be the only one here that counts every wasted tick? :)

But it is not the synchronization I think is the big thief. A LinkedList
could do the job more efficient when the collection is used only for
iteration.

Some what off topic, but I've started looking in to porting Lucene to
J2ME (that leaves me with only pre-JCF collections and no floats). I
have absolutely no idea what to use it for, but imagine something in the
lines of distributed collaborate filtering could be fun.